Monday, November 22, 2010

The Talking Book

Remember that talking sandwich in the "Muppets from Space" movie? You know, the one that talked to Gonzo while he was held against his will. Well, today as I was cleaning the kitchen and meditating on some things. I got to thinking about that silly, talking sandwich. As I thought a little deeper, (how deep can a talking sandwich be you ask?) well let me share. I saw an image of a Bible, yes I said BIBLE, you know that dusty dictionary looking thing on your shelf, yeah that one. Ok, I thought the Bible is like that talking sandwich, when we meditate on it, study it, and apply it, it's the same as that sandwich talking to Gonzo giving him direction in his time of captivity. But unlike that sammich, we cannot expect for the Bible to magically hop off of the shelf, open the pages and begin to audibly talk to us. We must pick it up DAILY, ask Holy Spirit for an open understanding of it, that we may apply it. Remember that old memory verse "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and light unto my path". Well, there it is, God said it and He meant it. So, when you want to click the remote, strum that ol' fiddle, power up that computer, think about that Good Book and may the good Lord help us to choose wisely. May we choose those things that give us life in You! Amen. Let's continue in His Word and begin to live in Him, move in Him and have our being in Him. Love you all, mel

No comments:

Post a Comment